[p2p-research] p2p resource pooling

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 01:08:40 CET 2007

Thanks for the list, Ned (and Inst. for NC)!

Just wanted to let anyone interested know that I am working on p2p resource
pool site right now:

http://socialsynergyweb.com/resourcepool/

The basic idea that Michel conveyed to me, and the operating model is:

1) people contribute $/EURO 5 or 10 per month to the common pool

2) 40% of the money is given back to contributing individuals in a monthly
pool of money

3) 40% is available for for-benefit activities. People describe their
activities, and if x number of members say 'ok', the money is given to them

4) 15% of the pool is invested in some venture that can generate a return

5) 5% is given to the administration of the project, i.e. the pool of
contributing organization"

So, I am starting to set up the mechanisms to enable automatic recurring/and
one-time acceptance of donations, and community decision making for the
investing/for-benefit donations.

Proposals could list what the money would be spent for, and people on this
site could offer services in place of money, thereby possibly putting some
of the needed money back into the donation pool.

Plus, people could list surplus non-money resources somewhere, or needed
resources. And, people could just discuss what they need, and what they have
in general, and what they are doing. (Sometimes people don't realize what
they need, or what others have lying around gathering dust, until they start
talking to each other...)

The site is, and will always be invite-only, and is still in development at
this time. As soon as the basic functions are working correctly, I'll be
sure to invite anyone interested. The URL for the site may eventually
change. Anyone with Drupal knowledge who wants access now and can help
develop the site is welcome. Let me know and I'll send you an invite right
away.

Sam

On Nov 21, 2007 6:45 PM, Ned Rossiter <ned at nedrossiter.org> wrote:

> hi all, great to meet all of you who could make it to the p2p meeting
> in nottingham.  and for those who couldn't make it - greetings.

Sam Rose
Social Synergy
Cel: +1-517-974-6451
AIM: Str9960