[p2p-research] Two new university presses and a 'co-publishing' model

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 19:32:33 CET 2007

Yeah, I think you could help OJS's and alternative academic "presses" think
through this. Maybe we could start by approaching existing OJS and emerging
open education projects, just to see what they are sayign existing
conditions are?

Plus, you may be able to create a kind of "pilot project" with Cooperation
Commons, who was exploring OJS CoopCommons journal a while back.

Also, there will definitely be opportunities with projects that I am working
on in the next six months, many of which will be based around co-funding
models.

In the short term, I humbly suggest you could blog about social publishing
on p2pfoundation blog, plus smartmobs, and your own blog, which could become
a kind of short term "pillar" to refer to about the subject (something to
refer to people to when talking about it online and off)

There could eventually be a kind of "Q & A" that people could apply to
different types of academic "social publishing", based on your concepts, to
help ensure success.  Some of the basics of this "Q&A", or self-querying
/self-evaluation could be open and available, for instance, and some more
advanced/"situational" consulting and knowledge could be available through
you and Richard for a fee. Yet, you could also create an open knowledge
repository around "social publishing" that lets people pool knowledge, and
that helps people realize what other people are thinking about, and how
others are solving problems in this realm. This could also be the "home
base" for your podcast and other ideas you've talked about with me and
others recently.

email: samuel.rose at gmail.com