[p2p-research] Two new university presses and a 'co-publishing' model

Richard Adler RichardAdler at oort-cloud.org
Fri Dec 21 18:06:44 CET 2007

There's an interesting piece in today's 'Inside Higher Ed' concerning the
newly founded Webster University Press and Lee University Press:

http://insidehighered.com/news/2007/12/21/upress

Collaboration may not be an entirely new phenomenon among university
presses, but a term like 'co-publishing' raises interesting possibilities in
the current publishing environment.  While their vision is not what Paul
Hartzog and I have in mind when we speak of 'social publishing,' it might,
at least, suggest that some in the world of traditional publishing may be
more open to alternative models than they would have been in the past.

Richard Adler
Electronic Records Archivist
Michigan State University