Re: Extropians Mailing List --Approval Procedure

From: Zero Powers (zero_powers@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 00:17:26 MST

>From: "zeb haradon" <zebharadon@hotmail.com>

>I personally would not mind giving my name and phone number and all that. I
>post everything here with my real name, I'm tracable and I'm fine with
>that,
>and I understand the need to get this information to prevent slander/spam.
>In your shoes, I'd very possibly do the same thing. But, I highly recommend
>you make a promise to anyone giving you this information that all
>information will be stored on only one computer, that it will be multiply
>encrypted with the most secure technology available, and that if at any
>point in time you are ordered by some legal body to turn over any portion
>of
>the information, you will immediately destroy such information, and run a
>"digital shredder" program on the hard drive it was stored on to make sure
>it is unrecoverable, and that you will do this before even appealing the
>legal decision.

Um, before you make that promise, you should realize that it would
potentially expose you to prosecution for tampering with evidence and
obstruction of justice. Personally, rather than a promise that you would go
to jail before revealing my information, I'd prefer that you just not compel
me to give it to you.

-Zero

Learn how your computer can earn you money while you sleep!
http://www.ProcessTree.com/?sponsor=38158