Re: GUNS: Why here?

From: James Rogers (jamesr@best.com)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 09:17:22 MDT

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Dehede011@aol.com wrote:

> James, if I can make a sidebar comment. I was in amateur boxing as a teener
> and a fan of boxing for many years. I always get a chuckle out of martial
> artists talking about having a "killing punch." It seems to me that about
> half the physically fit adult men in the country are capable of doing that
> under the right circumstances. Bare handed adult males are dangerous - when
> they want to be or when they lose their heads.

While true, I was referring to approaches that have a little more finesse.
I am sure most bare-handed killings are largely accidental or the result
of sustained trauma rather than the result of efficiently executed
intent. People who have actually had some training in the art can do it
quickly and easily with a great deal of precision, which is a different
kind of ability and what I was actually referring to.

-James Rogers
 jamesr@best.com