Re: Reward for identity? Re: Limits of tolerance

From: phil osborn (philosborn@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 00:09:28 MDT

>From: Brian Atkins <brian@posthuman.com>
>Subject: Reward for identity? Re: Limits of tolerance
>Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 20:28:09 -0400
>
>Would anyone like to get together and provide a reward for the positive
>ID of the person? Might induce Max to hire a lawyer. Deja and the ISP
>the person used should be able to give us all we need.
>--
>Brian Atkins
>Director, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence
>http://www.singinst.org/home.html (temp site)

Ultimately - and here's a reason perhaps not to delete this thread after all
- credibility will be one of the major commodities in the infoverse -
quantifiable and bankable. This person, whoever he or she is, has just
created a bigtime negative credibility for him or herself, which WILL show
up a decade from now as the infoverse starts building itself and a whole LOT
of hidden worlds are revealed.

I always try to encourage people to keep records - especially older people
who are witnesses to government or corporate attrocities. But, in general,
all the millions of private records and postings will one day be
systematically sorted and collated and compared to build a virtual
historical world. Many crimes and criminals - as well as many heros and
saints - will be revealed, and a lot of property titles will change hands.

Attacks from jerks may not prove that you are a good person, but in general
I suspect that scurilious posts like the one accusing Max, will actually
figure into raising his credibility, not lowering it.