Re: Surveilance was: Transhuman fascists?

From: Spike Jones (spike66@ibm.net)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 23:42:43 MST

> > 20,000,000,000,000, or 20 trillion cameras,
> Mike Steven wrote:
> But the vast majority of those cameras would be pointing at a place where
> there aren't any humans, vehicles or robots and so would be worthless. A
> fairly universal surveillance system ...could get by with a tiny fraction of
> that number of cameras...

I figure we will see within five years every intersection in the city will
have four cameras, one pointing each direction, taking one image
per second or so. The output of every cam should be put on it own
website so any prole can get to it.

Annnnnd, most importantly, there should be some counties with
no cameras, so that people who reallly dont want it can get away
from them. spike