OT: Adrenal Addiction (was Re: Friendliness and blank-slate goal bootstrap)

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 11:52:52 MDT

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 02:38:27AM +0900, Metaqualia wrote:
> People trying to break your legs, that is terror. You wouldn't
> want to watch a movie that really terrorized you.

Don't be so sure. I've never had that experience in a movie, but I
certainly have with video games. Try System Shock 2 some time; the
only thing in the world to consistently give me nightmares (and I've
broken my back by falling off a cliff, among other things, so it's
not like real life doesn't have things that could have terrified me
into nightmares).

It's called "adrenaline addiction".

-Robin, who can't actually play System Shock 2 for more than a few
days in a row, which is unfortunate because it's so good.

--
Me: http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/  ***   I'm a *male* Robin.
"but I'm not stupid and people are not stupid who think samely with me"