Re: This magic millennium

From: Ziana Astralos (zianastralos@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 31 1999 - 15:42:11 MST

--- "Eliezer S. Yudkowsky" <sentience@pobox.com>
wrote:
> So when the clock strikes midnight, and the lights
> stay on, the cloud of doom will be lifted, and we
> will at last be free, ready to enter into humanity's

> last and most magical millennium, turning aside from

> the dread of the past, looking forward into the
> future.
> There will never be another moment like this.
> Not in all that remains of human history.

I'm just curious... but by "all that remains of human
history" and "humanity's last and most magical
millennium", are you referring to humanity evolving
beyond being able to be called 'humans', or to humans
(in whatever form) becoming extinct and other
lifeforms entirely (not just evolved humans) taking
over the planet, or the world/universe/existence
ending? Or some other means of this being humanity's
last century? Just curious.

| Ziana Astralos |
| zianastralos@yahoo.com |
| |