Re: 48 Hours, On the Brink

From: Ziana Astralos (zianastralos@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 31 1999 - 13:40:37 MST

--- Kathryn Aegis <k_aegis@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Doodling along on the internet while watching this
> 48 Hours special--I still can't get over the fact
> that uploading/downloading is being discussed on a
> prime-time television network show. Without a smirk
> on the face of the reporter, or intimations that
> the scientist is actually mad....

Yeah, that just really amazed me. And the host... Dan
Rather, I think... when he was talking to Ray
Kurzweil, he was like "So you're telling me that
there's going to be a bunch of little computers inside
my head?" And he didn't even laugh or joke about it! I
don't know about anyone else, but I enjoyed that show.
Imagine! A two-hour prime-time special on CBS, almost
entirely about transhumanist technologies! It seems to
me that this sort of stuff is beginning to
increasingly seep into the media, and thus society...
I think there'll be more and more of this sort of
stuff in the public eye, over the next few years...
it's important that happens, this gradual entry of the
concepts into the conciousness of the 'average
person', for eventual widespread acceptance once these
sorts of technologies become available. Oh, I can't
wait! :)

| Ziana Astralos |
| zianastralos@yahoo.com |
| |