Re: Darwin run amok (was Re: Rape)

From: John Calvin (mercurial@disinfo.net)
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 23:22:57 MST

I for one would definately consider the option of being able to carry a baby to term. I know a great many women who rather then seeing this as a burden, consider the ability to a blessing. I don't believe the ideal of transhumanism is to get rid of all the messy human stuff, I believe that it is to provide us with options for experience and existance. I certainly agree that most of the "gender" issues, along with issues of "race" etc. are based purley in cultural influences.

I consider myself a transhumanist, in that i do not believe that anyone ought to be bound in chains by biology. I do not believe that "gender" issues are going to go away in the instant that everyone agrees that they have no more palce in our evolving society, rather they will go away when "gender" truly becomes a choice.

In my thousand plus years of life I would like to spend some of that time as a woman, a man, bi, neuter. I think that it would also be interesting to spend part of the time as an amphibian.

I do believe that along with enhanced strength, immune system, and intelligence, I would also like to have royal blue skin and green hair. (but thats just me)

In other words, I want to have the option to experience a vast array choices, including messy choices.

Email your boss can't read - sign up for free disinfo.net email at http://www.disinfo.com, your gateway to the underground.