Re: ZOMBIE: Now

From: Brian Manning Delaney (bdelaney@infinitefaculty.org)
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 16:42:13 MST

jeff nordahl wrote:

> If all we are is a pattern of atoms *thoughts*,
> then we have already successfully uploaded a
> portion of Jimi Hendrix. Perhaps someone else knows
> more about this software, but I heard that all
> of Jimi Hendrix's music was fed into a computer.
> The computer then analyzed, deciphered, and
> constructed consistent patterns from Jimi Hendrix's
> music.

I followed this line of research closely for a while (I did an AI
music-composition project as an undergraduate), but haven't heard about the
Hendrix project. I've missed a lot of very recent developments, though.

I'd LOVE to learn more about this. Do you -- or does anyone -- recall any other
details about this project?

Thanks,
Brian.

--
My email was down from 1999.12.27 through
1999.12.28, morning, PST. Sorry.