Style-sheets (was: I come not to praise HTML...)

From: Eugene Leitl (eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Mon Dec 27 1999 - 00:35:47 MST

Dan Fabulich writes:

> Or else that web designer doesn't want to learn a new language which can,
> at present, only be viewed correctly on Opera. No sane web developer
> would extensively employ style sheets at this time. No one can read them.

So there is HTML. _Which_ HTML? Why was it necessary to revise it? Why
are there so many revisions in such a short period of time? ASCII
sucks, but at least it stuck around for a while.

Why are people so wild accepting all the novelty crap, which starts
with minimal functionality, and increments it in tiny increments, just
enough to break things? Is a librarian's mindset truly so rare? Why do
I seem to be unable to complete a sentence without a question mark?
Help? Me? PleaSE?