Re: MED: Practical Biomonitoring Garment

From: Elizabeth Childs (echilds@linex.com)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 11:12:51 MST

From: jeff nordahl <jnordahl@hotmail.com>

> Sounds like a hypochondriacs security blanket! What a nightmare! Another
> excuse for procrastination and unnecessary self awareness and
paranoia......

> jeff

If you'd ever had a serious illness, you wouldn't feel this way. More data
about the body can help the patient to understand how he can control his
illness, and contribute to better quality of life and better long term
prognosis. And as more data is collected, doctors and researchers can
better understand the disease.

Having an illness is a lot worse than having to pay attention to some
interesting metrics.

Anyone who finds knowing more about their body stressful is free to choose
ignorance. Me, I want one of these pronto.