Re: Patents [was Re: GPS implants are here... NOT...]

From: Lee Daniel Crocker (lcrocker@mercury.colossus.net)
Date: Wed Dec 22 1999 - 09:37:59 MST

> Well, I have (tongue-in-cheek) considered filing for two patents!
> I'd go for:
> a) Patent the use of genetic algorithms to generate the set of all
> possible inventions that apply within a given problem domain...
> b) Patent the business practice of moving your headquarters and base
> of operations to a country with more restrictive definitions of
> intellectual property...

USPTO will issue patents on anything these days. Amazon has one
on "one-click shopping", Priceline has one on the "name your price"
business model. A friend of mine, Ruben Marquez, has a patent on
a poker game (US5294128).

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@piclab.com> <http://www.piclab.com/lcrocker.html>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,