Re: Rape [was Re: something from the columbine tapes]

From: Damien Broderick (d.broderick@english.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 01:36:25 MST

At 05:25 AM 22/12/99 -0800, Robert wrote:

> "the joys of rape"
>should not be cast into the same bit-bucket quite so litely.
[...]
>We are machines
>that are programmed to survive and reproduce. [etc.]

Give me a break, pal. This argument can be used to support any vile
behaviour. You are not countenancing rape, I realise, but you wish to be
hard-nosed about it and give Darwin his due.

Yeah yeah. That's not what I see at issue.

If someone jumped up on the list with declarations of his desire to kill
niggers and kikes, because he wants to, and besides it's in his whiteboy
genes to attack anyone somatically or culturally different, I would hope
he'd be treated like shit. Same goes here, for mine. *Especially* on a list
like this one, sacrosanct freedom of speech notwithstanding. He can say it,
of course - but I'd hope other people would turn and walk away in a
conspicuous manner.

Damien Broderick