Re: [Fleckenstein] The Story of Bubblenomics

From: Brian Atkins (brian@posthuman.com)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 19:36:54 MST

Ebay is attempting to ward off centralized auction search sites by
blocking those sites from accessing its servers. It is quite easy
for a petfood.com or whatever to block your search bot and not allow
it to index your content. So in effect they can try to make people
still come directly to their site, or as ebay is trying to do force
the search bot operators to license the content.

--
Sig under construction