GPS implants are here

From: Eugene Leitl (eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 23:35:53 MST

1) GPS signal is effectively shielded by a few mm of tissue atop of
   the antenna
2) you need a lot of power to reach a satellite (or even the local
   cellular base station) from within a body
3) current HF circuits need a lot of juice to operate. Like, really, a
   lot.

While none of above objections are insurmountable, having them all
licked, at current day and age, appears infeasible.