Re: Now [was: Re: qualia and rationality]

From: John Clark (jonkc@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 16:03:07 MST

Madame Ubiquitous <eileen.krasowski@yale.edu> Wrote:

> If time is an illusion, then you can pretty much give up studying physics,

Time is certainly as real as any other dimension. However the passage of time may be
an illusion, but that doesn't make it any less real. It may mean nothing to the universe
but it does to me and I'm more important that the universe . At least that's my opinion,
the universe can speak for itself.

> illusions are of no importance to us,

Well, an illusion is an experience that is different from the real thing,
but the essence of qualia is experience so it's hard to see how
calling it an illusion can mean much.

      John K Clark jonkc@att.net