Re: Wired Article (was: META: Ideas link broken!)

From: Max More (max@maxmore.com)
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 00:56:12 MST

At 09:55 PM 12/17/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Or, even worse, check THIS out, labelled "Immortality Reality Check:"
>
>http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/8.01/lifespan.html

I don't know whether the Reality Check section was written by the same
author. I agree that the projections were probably unrealistically
pessimistic. On the other hand, we really *don't know* how long it will take.

<warning mode>
I have faced the fact that I may really and finally die. I suspect some of
you are already utterly convinced of your immortality. That's where
extropian thinking ends and dogma begins.
</warning mode>

Max