Re: TECH: glasses to cure color blindness

From: Patrick Wilken (patrickw@cs.monash.edu.au)
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 18:47:11 MST

>This past week, the US Food and Drug Administration issued approval to seven
>opticians to prescribe a type of eyeglass that mitigates color blindness.

I don't understand how glasses could possibly help colour blindness. Can
you explain their logic? How are the compensating for the loss of certain
classes of colour receptors in the retina?

best, patrick

Patrick Wilken
Editor: PSYCHE: An International Journal of Research on Consciousness
Board Member: The Association for the Scientific Study of Consciousness
http://psyche.cs.monash.edu.au/ http://assc.caltech.edu/