Re: A Phenomenologist's Nightmare

From: John Clark (jonkc@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 08:29:49 MST

Dan Fabulich <daniel.fabulich@yale.edu> Wrote:

>Phenomenologist: Do I believe it? Just a moment while I introspect.
>Yes, it turns out that I do believe it.

Introspection? Bah Humbug! Every one of your arguments against the existence of
qualia could be used with equal success (or lack thereof) against the existence of
introspection.

One more thing, you haven't explained a very common phenomena, why does
everybody thinks they're conscious if they really are not. Just calling it an illusion
is no answer unless you're able to tell me the mechanics of it. How does the
illusion work? And besides, even an illusion is something, it exists.

        John K Clark jonkc@att.net