Re: Brain Device May Fight Depression

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 21:08:16 MST

Yep, they're pretty wacky guys down there at Cyberonics; they make the
"off-the-shelf hardware" I was referring to in _Algernon's Law_.

Looks like we might be getting set for the Great Neurohacking Revolution
I was talking about a few years back... I thought it might wind up
getting delayed to a post-Singularity Normal Time figure, but then
again, maybe not.

You know, sometimes I wonder if the neurohacking revolution AND the
assembler breakthrough AND the dawn of artificial intelligence are all
going to happen over the course of a week in September of 2005.

--
           sentience@pobox.com          Eliezer S. Yudkowsky
        http://pobox.com/~sentience/tmol-faq/meaningoflife.html