Re: biological changes to make humans able to adapt to space

From: Robert J. Bradbury (bradbury@www.aeiveos.com)
Date: Sat Dec 04 1999 - 08:19:05 MST

On Sat, 4 Dec 1999, Technotranscendence wrote:

> I also briefly go over such in "For a Free Frontier: The Case for Space
> Colonization." (See my web site below. I dismiss terraforming because it
> seems too expensive and less likely. However, with nanotech... But that is
> almost a mantra on this list.:)

I'm giving strong consideration to submitting papers/talks to the
Mars Society 2000 convention discussing nanotech applications for
creating a Mars atmosphere, terraforming, nanomedical enhancements
for explorers, etc. If I get to do a talk, I'd finish it up with
something like -- "Now if we all work towards the ideas I've
outlined it is likely that we could be implementing them during the
2020 to 2030 time frame, however that really makes no sense
at all since the the time required to entirely disassemble Mars
is on the order of 180 days, so by the time our colonization effort
reached the planet, it is likely that it would no longer be there.

Robert