Re: META: Dead horses

From: EvMick@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 21:15:10 MST

In a message dated 12/2/99 7:21:10 PM Central Standard Time, spike66@ibm.net
writes:

> we aughta make a subgroup of extropians who have toyed
> with the idea and are favorable to experimenting with Borganism.

I'm not really sure what Borganism is. I think it has something to do with
a StarTrek movie or one of it's clones. I'm not allowed to watch SF movies
(mostly)....because it criticize perceived inaccuracies too much and ruin it
for those I watch it with......usually.....sometimes..

That aside....if "borganism" has something to do with "cyborg"....then count
me in.

Even though I was VERY critical of Steve Austin ( .........Really!...just
because you have a bionic arm of great strength...if you use it to overload
your spine by lifting an automobile...youre spine is still going to
snap...only his never did).....I really really did like the concept...and
still do.

Like Daniel Keys Moran's cyborgs...or "mannie" (Moon is a harsh Mistress) and
others...

EvMick