www.starlab.org

From: Mitchell Porter (mitchtemporarily@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 01:19:07 MST

This is a "blue-sky research laboratory" in Brussels, Belgium.
They list Hugo de Garis and Stuart Hameroff amongst their
research staff, along with dozens of other people working on
"bits, atoms, neurons, and genes (BANG)". It's a very odd mix,
and the website as a whole strikes me as somehow starry-eyed,
at least for the homepage of a business enterprise getting
millions of euros in funding. I doubt the organization's
ability to be a competitive research center across such a
broad range of disciplines. But who knows. Maybe the Singularity
will happen in Belgium, not Texas.