Re: Ken Re: >H Dictionary--Advice of Doubtful Merit

From: Dan Fabulich (daniel.fabulich@yale.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 00:40:38 MST

'What is your name?' 'Robert Owen.' 'IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME
IS!!!':

> > Where <qualia> is the meme that says qualia has any explanatory value.
> > I am quite convinced that qualia has no such value...
>
> Agreed.

So why posit their existence to begin with? Ockham's Razor is a-calling
me.

> Once again, a comparator does not recognize identity; it merely generates
> a pulse (or some other output depending on the gate configuration) when
> A - B = 0.

Ahem. Wouldn't it be funny if neurons in your brain did that? And,
indeed, wouldn't it be an awful shame if we had to go and say that your
BRAIN doesn't know what red is?

-Dan

      -unless you love someone-
    -nothing else makes any sense-