Re: Representative Bob Barr Demands a Report on "Project Echelon"

From: J. R. Molloy (jr@shasta.com)
Date: Mon Nov 15 1999 - 12:02:59 MST

>Representative Bob Barr Demands a Report on "Project Echelon"

Gee whiz, I'd like to see a report on it too. I mean, if it doesn't take too
much time.
(You know how long, verbose, and padded those reports tend to get.)

> WASHINGTON, DC -- According to reports to the European
>Parliament and others, a multi-national system known as Project Echelon
>intercepts phone calls, faxes, e-mails, and radio transmissions from
>around the world. Some two million such communications per hour are
>reportedly intercepted. This information is then reportedly routed to
>intelligence agencies, which search it for particular information of
>interest.

Okay, forget the report. This paragraph has convinced me: I want a Project
Echelon for my own personal use!
It sounds better than collaborative filtering and individual news filtering
combined.
Microsoft should include Project Echelon-Express with Windows 2002.

Because e-mail can be altered electronically,
the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.

   The opinions in this message are fictional. Any similarity
   to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental.