Re: A Physicist Experiments With Cultural Studies

From: Menno Rubingh (rubingh@delftnet.nl)
Date: Sun Nov 14 1999 - 07:52:53 MST

From: "J. R. Molloy" <jr@shasta.com>

> Good idea,
thanks
> and in addition, we can appreciate what Alan D. Sokal
> has done in this article. He has, IMO, debunked "Cultural Studies."
> He has demonstrated not just the irrelevance of "Cultural Studies,"
> he has noted the uselessness of "Cultural Studies."

I agree. I think it makes a person smarter and more efficient to simply
excise useless memes and activities like "Cultural Studies" out of his life.
(''Free Your Mind'' :-).) The energy spent on such things subtracts from the
energy an individual can spend on things that are (personally, egoistically)
useful to him, i.e. things that increase one's own strength, knowledge, etc.

I found your posting of Sokal's story very interesting, educational, and
thought-provoking. It is highly useful to know WHAT kind of memes to be on
your guard against.

Best regards, Menno (rubingh@delftnet.nl)