nanotech timeline

From: Jones, Spike (spike.jones@lmco.com)
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 18:03:35 MST

Extropians! Please help: Ive been asked to give a talk on short notice,
(as in tomorrow evening) to an engineering society to which
I belong.

I decided to talk on nanotechnology. The pitch is ready
except for a nanotech timeline.

What should I put in there?

1959: Feynmans talk Plenty of Room at the Bottom
1969: Gina Miller is born
1986: Engines of Creation by Drexler
1992: Nanotechnology by Drexler
Nov 1999: Nanomedicine by Freitas

etc. What are the most important milestones?

Thanks! I do appreciate the help. I have a copies of
Nanotech, Engines and Nanomedicine at home. Perhaps they
have timelines in there. I would forward this on to the nanotech
group but dont know the address, and im at work.. spike