Re: The Unfathomable

From: Spudboy100@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 06 1999 - 23:37:02 MST

George, I whole heartedly endorse your disconcertion, with the pervasive
attitude regarding the sometimes, oppressive, mean-spirited, behavior of the
Christian Fundamentalist Churches that have historically pervaded in the
Southern Continental US since pre-Civil War days. I am a target of their
dislike also, but curiously enough, believe in God; just not their god.

On this mailing list I am concerned, conversely, that a lot of the atheism is
passionate, but not serious. That it somehow is simply WASP culture with
their Jesus excised out. But that WASP culture survives (opinions, attitudes
and beliefs) even though their view of God has been deposed. The analogy
would be like going to a Thai restaurant and dousing everything with
mayonnaise.

Yours in Mother Shabooboo, Spud