Re: The Unfathomable

From: M. E. Smith (mesmith@rocketmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 11:18:15 MST

--- Lee March <cyberlee@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I guess we can say the same for war, child abuse,
> rape, torture, drugs,
> genocide, and devil worship. If they weren't useful
> people wouldn't use
> them. That doesn't make them a good thing just
> because idiots use them.

First of all, I wasn't talking about God, I was
talking about "God", the meme (or set of memes). You
seem to be talking about the actual things. Your above
analogies are not valid for this reason. To use the
first on your list, obviously the meme "war" is as
useful as the meme "earthquake", even though both
refer to destructive things.

> Get a clue, the God concept is the most distructive
> concept ever
> unleased on man by man.

While I do acknowledge that this list is a valid place
for freethinkers to vent their frustrations about
religios irrationality, this is just what I mean by
people getting angry and abusive. It's very strange
that the "God" meme gets you so upset. What, in your
opinion, is the SECOND most destructive concept
unleashed on man by man?

=====
M. E. Smith
mesmith@rocketmail.com