Re: morality

From: Replicant00@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 27 1999 - 10:39:23 MDT

In a message dated 10/27/1999 6:42:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
rob@hbinternet.co.uk writes:

<< implying irrational/stupid
 through simplicity. >>

Aahh -- well... no, please forgive me, that was not what I meant by the
term.

In fact, some of the most simplistic people I know are highly intelligent,
educated thinking people. Still I consider simplistic thinking a mistake
(Stupidity & ignorance are not behavioral mistakes, but a state of being). I
make no assertaions about your educucation or status in the world. Only in
your behavior this moment. If I thought you were stupid, I would have not
responded to your thoughts.

Simplistic means (to me) finding *one* simple path, a clumsy solution out of
an uncertain and complex terrain that really deserves many solutions and
finesse - but one that only solves a particular one track end.

Morals, being a human condition are frought with uncertainties and
complexities. it is glib and condescening *behavior* to pooh-pooh things
"subjective" and dismiss them. Morals deal primarily with human behavior.
Humans deal in both realms, ob and sub - and human behavior is indeed
complex.
 It is simplistic to think you have found the one solution, however brilliant
it is.