meta-selves

From: Micah Redding (redding_l@FHU.EDU)
Date: Wed Oct 27 1999 - 08:21:39 MDT

maybe this has already been discused before, but I wonder:
what if I could clone/copy myself millions of times and send all the
copies throughout the universe, telling them to return at a given time.
when they did return, I could form a direct mind connection with each of
them, forming a large "collective" entity. i would have all the memories
of all their experiences, in effect, living a meta-life instead of living
linearly. it seems to me that this would be a goal fitting of an
extropian, since this would allow me to get more out of life than any
"individual" possible could. reactions?

(Note: this idea borrowed in part from the novel "tomorrow and tomorow",
essentially an extropian love story.)