reason

From: Rob Harris (rob@hbinternet.co.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 08:40:24 MDT

>War. "force the guy you're arguing with" is an approach that will
>fail more often than it will succeed. It backs people against a wall.
They
>will fight back, and stop listening to what you are saying.

Yeah, I'll go with you here. Whilst many people including you and I can see
certain problems with the way humans conduct "reason", it doesn't stop us
all being human. I scratch my armpits and beat my chest as good as the next
man, I just make every effort to avoid it....(not quite enough effort
though, evidently!)
When I say that reason is universal, I mean reason when detached from the
rest of the human psyche. I realise it can become subjective when mixed with
animals and their alterior motivations....