Re: Alice Rosenbloom (was Re: religion bashing?)

From: Spudboy100@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 23 1999 - 02:08:42 MDT

In a message dated 10/23/1999 12:27:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
zharadon@inconnect.com writes:

> You think she changed her name because she was ashamed of her Jewish
> heritage? That's a very odd theory. Her first name was originally Alice.
Why
> did she change that too?
Yah, I believe she changed her name because she was ashamed of her Jewish
heritage. Since she was born in Mother Russia, so i'm guess'in that Alisha or
some varient was her birth name and maybe not precisely the English, Alice.
Where "Ayn" comes from I don't know. Her views and values ain't mine since
they all appear to be conjured out of whole cloth rather then empirical.
Suprising for such a rationalist.

Spud