Re: religion bashing?

From: Spudboy100@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 22 1999 - 21:25:09 MDT

In a message dated 10/22/1999 4:30:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
clintodell@hotmail.com writes:

> Sorry for being so blunt, but what you ask is absolutely absurd. "Just try
> it" bull shit stupid Christians try to pull all the time. Look at it this
> way.

Ok. You want blunt, here's blunt. (you did want blunt didn't you?) Many
posters have no idea what is outside their little, White Christian ,Aryan,
timmy-boy Euro culture is like. Not everybody who believes in God is a
Christian, and what the writers within such Christian and Non-Christian
intellectual movements frequently don't get the media play because the the
Fundamentalists are far more interesting to rant about. People who broadcast
their prayers and have Toll-free numbers to donate to their cause, are much
more interesting to watch then a Hans Kung type. Try questioning Senior
Bard, regarding the this viewpoint; he might surprise you.

Let look to another Icon of both the Extropian and Trans-H mailing lists; Ayn
Rand. News flash, her last name was Rosenbloom. If she couldn't even be
comfortable with her heritage (something she had zero control over) why
should I listen to her atheistic claptrap? To fight Fundamentalism? We don't
need no atheism to fight the fundamentalists.

Your's in Cthulu, Spud