Re: Religion bashing

From: Anders Sandberg (asa@nada.kth.se)
Date: Fri Oct 22 1999 - 09:49:26 MDT

Brian D Williams <talon57@well.com> writes:

> The first thing religions started doing after they were invented is
> to start bashing science, a process that continues to the present
> day.

Huh? Not that I like to defend religions, but science is a much, much
younger human activity than religion. And from time to time religion
has been one of the strongest supporters of science and technology
(remember the spread of engineering through the medieval monasteries).

Anders Sandberg                                      Towards Ascension!
asa@nada.kth.se                            http://www.nada.kth.se/~asa/
GCS/M/S/O d++ -p+ c++++ !l u+ e++ m++ s+/+ n--- h+/* f+ g+ w++ t+ r+ !y