Re: COPY: Sagan:Reply to: Breaking My Promise

From: KPJ (kpj@sics.se)
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 10:25:44 MDT

It appears as if Robert Owen <rowen@technologist.com> wrote:

|Thank you for the courtesy, Joe. CAVEAT: there is NO Unified Extropian
|Field Theory -- we debate everything, including the definition of the term
|"Extropian" (which is, in principle, the contrary of "Entropian" with respect
|to "entropy"). But there IS a pervasive view that reliance on any trans-
|cendental Object or "Supra-ordinate Power" for the achievement of our
|objectives (about which there is a broad consensus) is counterproductive.

A vocal group of list members pay tribute to the concepts

        ``property'',
        ``the right to bear arms'',
  and ``natural law''

with some fervour, however. One might wish to avoid questioning these concepts
in order to avoid an involuntary jihad.