Re: Extropian Party Platform

From: Replicant00@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 15 1999 - 10:49:35 MDT

In a message dated 10/15/1999 6:00:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
wingdahl@hotmail.com writes:

<< "neutral". That is why compulsory schooling is wrong and
 should be abolished. Parents should deceide what school their kids should
 attend to.

People *can* decide what schools to attend, it's curriculum that is monitored.
: )
Standards are good. Eductational standards in public schools could be a lot
higher, in fact. It's when they satrt outlawign Darwin and crap like that
that things get scary.

IMO all people learning the same thing is probably good. It's kinda like how
software has to be compatable. Let's imagina a world without educational
standards.

: ) If people were teaching kids whatever the hell they wanted, we'd have
some PRETTY interesting schools out there.

>>>If we don't allow this liberty to people, people wont allow us
>> our liberty and they are definitely in place to oppress us.

"just becuase your not paranoid... does not mean they're not after you..."
; - )