femtochemistry

From: Sean Kenny (sean@irvken.free-online.co.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 16:39:30 MDT

I'm probably showing my ignorance but the Nobel prize for Chemistry went today to Ahmed Zewail for his development of the new discipline of Femtochemistry. As it's not something I've heard or read about before, an easily excited fellow like myself gets a shiver up my spine imagining that this might be the development that speeds the development of nanotechnology. I'm sure someone can reassure me that we're not in pre-singularity times.