Re: Reforming Education

From: Dan Fabulich (daniel.fabulich@yale.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 08 1999 - 19:35:02 MDT

'What is your name?' 'Bryan Moss.' 'IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME
IS!!!':

> Question: Do parents, the people who would be funding this operation in the
> absense of the state, have any serious economic incentives to give their
> children a good education? I'm saying a big NO.

Yes, that explains why parents never pay lots of money to send their kids
to high quality private schools. And why no parent would ever sacrifice
his/her life for the life of their child.

Good thing we've got the state there to make sure parents love their
children, huh? Otherwise, they'd surely just ditch the kids as soon as
they got to be a hassle.

-Dan

      -unless you love someone-
    -nothing else makes any sense-