Re: META: Notes from the Earthbound

From: Elizabeth Childs (echilds@linex.com)
Date: Tue Oct 05 1999 - 13:54:33 MDT

Glen Finney said:

If the
> person doesn't recognize the problem and it persists, then we need to take
> action as a community to deal with it. Do not answer inappropriate posts,
> ask for the person's offending posts to be removed from the list.

I don't see why we need to take action as a community when it's so easy to
take action as individuals. Imagine the heartbreak and pain and terrible
flamewars necessary to decide that one person should be booted! How do you
devise a fair, objective standard for that? But you can get all the
positive effects and none of the negative effects by deciding that the
person happens to annoy you personally and killfiling them. No need to
start a witch hunt.

Elizabeth "One Strike and You're Out" Childs