Re: Should we be developing nonlethalmeansofself-defense?(wasre:violence)

From: Delvieron@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 03 1999 - 03:45:27 MDT

One idea for nonlethal weaponry that we haven't really touched on is the use
of foams and other sticky type materials to coat an assailant. I think these
weapons would work fairly well against an aggressor who had only melee
weapons, but I do not know that it would be all that efficacious against an
attacker with a gun in hand. Seems to me that even if you could coat the
person and gun before they could shoot, it would be likely they could still
pull the trigger and that a bullet would tear right through the stuff. Just
thought I ought to include it for completeness's sake.

Glen Finney