Additional thought on Crocker's Laws

From: David Lubkin (lubkin@unreasonable.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 19:34:51 MDT

I half-agree with Eliezer and Lee. It's definitely a good idea to be able to
look past other people's indelicacy in phrasing; we just disagree with
how much effort we should make when originating speech.

I completely agree with Hal's

        In my opinion, the best policy to follow is the maxim from computer
        protocol design: be conservative in what you send and be liberal in
        what you accept. That is, try not to take offense, but try not to give
        offense either.

-- David Lubkin.

lubkin@unreasonable.com || Unreasonable Software, Inc. || www.unreasonable.com
a trademark of USI: