Re: Women, fire, and dangerous things

From: David Lubkin (lubkin@unreasonable.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 09:20:04 MDT

On 9/27/99, at 6:59 PM, Carol Tilley wrote:

        :
>Your lesson well learned, David. A *gentleman* is never "accidentally" rude;
>a *gentleman* is intentionally rude. But, I love rollercoasters and you
>must, too. Looking forward to a day riding the rails with you on opening
>day at Nano-Land!

You're being a little too subtle for me. It sounds like I'm being rebuked
for omitting women from my questions and my term "gentleman" in my two
recent postings.

Except that all my questions did include women. And the term "gentleman" was
used because it appears in the original Victorian quotation I was paraphrasing.
You'll notice the second sentence is gender-neutral.

Please explicate.

-- David Lubkin.

lubkin@unreasonable.com || Unreasonable Software, Inc. || www.unreasonable.com
a trademark of USI: