Athena fans

From: Spike Jones (spike66@ibm.net)
Date: Sat Sep 25 1999 - 00:32:49 MDT

I havent been able to find a good picture of Athena on the web.
By "good" I mean one with high enough resolution to see the
command destruct receivers... {8^D This site it better than
nothing.

http://www.friends-partners.org/~mwade/lvs/athena2.htm

If you go there, note the support tower to the left of the
bird. With other launch systems, the support tower is
a wonderfully complex and expensive structure in itself,
built government style. In LLV, now called Athena, that
structure is nothing but a large steel tube. Thats all it is.
All the payload support cables and stuff go up thru that simple
tube structure. Built commercial style. {8-]

Correction to my previous post, that failed launch was in
summer of 1995, not 94. spike