Y2K preparedness in power companies, funny (because I don't live there)...

From: O'Regan, Emlyn (Emlyn.ORegan@actew.com.au)
Date: Fri Sep 24 1999 - 02:36:18 MDT

An excerpt from an internal e-mail, from my company's Y2K manager:

===
You might also be interested in the following:

        PLN, Indonesia's national electricity board, was recently asked by
an Indonesian newspaper about its Y2K preparedness. The reply is a gem:
                "We can observe what happens (at midnight 1999) in Western
                Samoa, New Zealand and Australia and still have 6 hours to
                make plans."

Apart from the obvious problem with this approach (ie, you actually need
seven hours to make plans and several years to implement them), (*name
withheld*) was quick to point out that Western Samoa is on the other side of
the international dateline.
===

Emlyn