Re: Art, Environment and Architecture(was)Extropic Flare In NY Art ,Scene

From: QueeneMUSE@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 23:57:56 MDT

In a message dated 9/23/1999 9:43:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
orojas@data.net.mx writes:

<< what about sky cities? or deep sea cities? I think people that wouldn't
want to
 live underground could live in those

I like the idea of cities that are amphibious. Visionary architect Glen
Small's flying buildings look like large winged jellyfish that propel through
space. I see cities that migrate. Moving from underwater to land, perhaps
even 'exoterra' for a season. One of the most tedious and limiting aspects of
building today is proper footings. (earthqukes, slides, etc) Even with nan,
some of that will still apply, unless we find a way to mobilize our
structures and allow them to move through water, mud and other matter, and to
change with the weather patterns.

Parking spaces for homes...