Re: violence...

From: m (mt_2@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 18:49:05 MDT

--- "J. R. Molloy" <jr@shasta.com> wrote:
> From: Bryan Moss <bryan.moss@dial.pipex.com>
> >I bet active hunters tend to live in areas that
> have low incidences of
> >criminal behaviour to begin with.
>
> Good bet. I'd also bet that areas with low
> incidences of criminal behavior
> have high incidences of active hunters to begin
> with. First come the hunters
> to new areas, then come the gun laws, then comes the
> crime.

Considering what happenned in the Wild West and any
number of remote places around the world (where there
would be hunters) that doesn't stand up.

After hunters, things tend to develop. Are none of the
changes from hunting to an urban environment (where
most of the crime is, at least in total) to be
counted?
It's just gun laws?

Mike